Sunshine on Seaford

Breakfast, and a few bits of writing and chatting to Mum, then collected my new specs from Specsavers Particularly liking the slightly longer focus ones, which means I can see everything on my desk sharply and I don't have to press my face against the computer screen. 

Lorraine was sitting outside in the car, and we sped off the four or five minutes to Beth and James's house. A glorious sunny day at last, and arriving at about twenty past noon, we spent all afternoon in the garden, I cleared some overgrown stairs in the garden, and emptied the conservatory gutters and a few other bits. James mowing his lawn for the first time with a new electric mower. Beth doing stuff too. All good fun, and I really enjoyed the day. Walking back to the car to stow some bits with Lorraine, looking at the sunshine on the big square of grass in the middle of Seafield Close, I felt really happy for them, and that they would enjoy life there. 

We had sandwiches outside halfway through, sitting in the warm sun, and then in the evening Beth and James collected some pizza from la squadra della pizza around the corner, where a man has a stand in his front garden. 

The pizzas are all named after famous Italian footballers. I had a Maldini. After tucking into these and sipping some beer, we all played a round of Exploding Kittens. 

Below James on the starting grid with his new lawnmower.



Comments