Satisfaction

A fairly relaxed day, though after chatting with Mum this morning, Lorraine and I ventured off to Paradise Park, with the life size velociraptors outside, so a particular favourite. There we bought some pond liner, cucumber seeds, a some propagation trays. A sunny afternoon, and I retrieved the summer garden furniture from the garage, and after assembling it and seeing some rather fat shiny abdomen spiders make off, Lorraine and I sat outside for an hour or so, on a lovely warm afternoon, listening to the irritable seagulls overhead.  

In the evening, now light because of the clocks springing forward, Lorraine mooched off to her book group. It has been an absolute boon in helping her meet some lovely people in Seaford. I walked her to a house on Marine Parade, opposite the sea, carrying an aromatic tray of date and apple treats Lorraine had baked. In her bag was a bottle of wine, the book, and a swimming costume, as there was a pool. 

I went for a bit of a walk by the sea, and bumped into Delores who was cycling towards the fun, she said she was going to get into the pool immediately. I mooched back home, and after chatting with Mum, spent the next couple of hours sorting out two more manuscripts to beat the tonight's deadline.  I had been in a why botherish kind of mood during the day, but when I did bother I felt a feeling of satisfaction.  Meanwhile Mark from Hedgehog sent a photo of the little Snow booklets. They look rather beautiful I think.

I settled down on the gold sofa eventually, a can of beer and Family Guy, Lorraine home quite early though, and watched some footie with me.  

Below Brian sits outside with us.



Comments