Foodie with few freebies

Sunny morning, but Lorraine plagued by work, got up early and worked in bed from early on. Once this done, and I did some of my bits too on my laptop up and off on the bus with John and Beth to Hove Lawns to visit the 'Foodies Festival'. We were able to enter without being charged, thankfully, as although there was a world of food and drink inside, there were very few freebies and the prices were high.

We met Rosie outside, who had been poorly for the last few days. On her first tentative venture outside, she instantly bumped into someone from work. I meanwhile was creeping about with my leg somewhat painful. I found myself a tent and sat in it, lapping up a pint of Pilsner Urqell and Lorraine and Rosie returned with a variety of food. Mine was a combination of pulled pork and a pork sausage in a long bun. Betty was working there on a store selling lovely brownies and associated tidbits.

Left Betty to work, and John to rehearsals and Rosie to return home. Lorraine and I went home rather cold, sat on the sofa drinking tea and watching a TV documentary about tsunamis, and then simply fell asleep. Spoke to Mum, who'd been doing dental things today, and messaged with Toby who was bored at work as L & I were busing back. My mind randomly went to Toby and my phone pinged a few seconds later with a message from him. I think he mind-controls people.

To bed with a rainstorm outside, the first really heavy rain we've had for some time. Now that I'm a horny handed son of the soil I notice these things.

Below, my view inside the tent.


Comments