On the train this morning thinking about cats and dogs and scribbling ideas for internet banners on my pad, finishing The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and thinking about how I can make something of a raw blurt of a poem I added to this site last year after my last visit to Dick and Joan's farm in Ontario with Toby and Romy. The morning train ride is excellent for thinking. It is the fact of sitting quietly for an hour with no distractions when my meagre brain is at its best.

At work had interminable conversations about the TV ad, where everybody is saying the same thing... but nobody is listening. Tiresome. Presented banners of cats and dogs, wrote stuff about computers, and went for another swim at lunchtime and returned home (blamelessly) and talked to Mum and MJ who will shortly meet, an event about which MJ is naturally apprehensive.

MJ is rushing about in a frenzy and her foot is bad and she thinks she may have tetanus, so is seeing the doctor tomorrow. Meanwhile Kate has to be taken to the doctor today. She was not having a good day as she got the idea into her head that her best pal along the street is having a birthday party without her.

Have been awarded honorary Pie status by Johanna for sending her catalogue of the Guys and Dolls exhibition here in Brighton. A great and humbling honour.

As I was on one of my periodical checks of Anton and Anna's place this evening and ended up going for a walk down by the sea feeling rather cheery, if a little tired.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"when my meagre brain is at its best"

Meagre bah! Your blog, PK, gives me more stimulating reading in 10 minutes than most so called professional journalists do in a week.

Wish I had stumbled upon it sooner!

-Anil Kumar