Electric dreams

May the first... Up and working at eight, recording with Robin, then spent much of the day editing. Nice to chat to her, and she was as ever, encouraging after my two shortlisting and getting nowhere. Still getting the time-lag problem, and I had to reboot wifi and computer halfway through. 

Lorraine off to do Rhymetime, and then she spent the rest of the day with Beth, who had taken the day off.

At the end of the day,  I walked across the back of Seaford to Beth's house, where I found her in the enormous back garden with a large net, scooping sludge up from the bottom of the koi pond. She had also been mowing the lawn. She is changing. Lorraine had been gardening with her too. They'd had a really fun time together. James on a cycling holiday around Spain.

I met Micky, the cat, for the first time. A frisky little tabby, who is clearly besotted with Beth. Beth and I were standing outside when Lorraine and I were leaving, and Micky was looking at us, with what Beth says is look that goes into her soul.

Lorraine and I made off with some of the logs that were in the back of their garden, as we want to put some next to our wildlife pond. Things creeping out of them, which is good. 

Lorraine and I decided, spontaneously, to go to Spice Village tonight, and had an enjoyable meal and a large Kingfisher beer. All very nice indeed. I just love having a curry with Lorraine. 

To bed, at a reasonable time. After a bit I woke up thinking someone was flashing a torch in the back garden at first, till I realised it was lightning. Woke me up a few times, and the second time I unplugged the TV and my computer as a precaution. Enormous chunks of hail whacking the skylight. I wondered about the safety of the seabirds on the roof.

Below a soulful Micky, and the red reflection of Beth's car.



Comments