Back gyp

So a chirpy start to the day, having made a few decisions overnight about various writerly businesses. Lorraine off this morning in her gym clothes to a doctor's appointment, and then off to her personal trainer and to spend some time with Sarah in Bolney. 

I meanwhile, got to work relishing the idea of a writing day, and felt in the mood to make great strides. I broke off some rather lofty contemplations, to clean the cat litter tray as the cats were moaning. We have this in the main bathroom at the moment, and after I manfully changed the befouled litter, and washed the tray in the bath and mopped the floor, I was just adding the last few lumps of litter in and my bastard back went into a vile spasm right across my lower back.

As I stood clutching the bannister, Amanda came out from decorating. I was able to move for a while, and I always think continuing to move a good thing. I spoke to Mum later in the day. Otherwise I kept a low profile as my back was becoming increasingly unspeakable, and doing anything was difficult. I went to sleep on the sofa for a bit, and could barely move afterwards.

Luckily Lorraine took good care of me. A bit galling to be stopped in my tracks. Crept into bed at the end of the night, and it was very painful. I could lie in one position only. Lorraine read a bit from Wind in the Willows, and I fell asleep quickly.

Saw this picture of Alan Garner on social media today, as it was recently his birthday. I really admire his children's books,   and I just read a short memoir by him Where Shall We Run To? recently too.





Comments