Heading north

Rain dodged to the Marwood Cafe this morning for a long chat with Sarah Barnsley and Robin about matters poetical and non-poetical, such as the future of Telltale and so on. I'd told them it was a hipster cafe, and Robin liked it, while Sarah amusingly began her Marwood encounter with a lengthy description of a better cafe nearby. 

Back home and a general scampering about getting this ready for our trip to Whitby. I'n my case this involved having a sleep, as I this chest infection persists in making me feel drained. 

Heard from Matty boy that the probably destination for my October trip is Chad. I will get a fuller brief at the end of next week. Beginning to look forward to it, as well as feel challenged by it. If things go to plan I will be there on my birthday.

After Lorraine got home from work, and John came around and Betty cooked for us all, we packed the car and drove off to Edgware, as the first morsel of our journey up to Vampiric Whitby. 

M25 as usual still a tad vile but we weren't too late. Arriving at Mum and Mason's place we had a hobbit's second supper of nuts and biscuits and cheese and drank some wine with Mum, before sloping off to bed late. Mum telling me about her old friend Chick, who I vaguely remember from my earliest days. He worked at Ronnie Scott's in the ticket office when mum worked there and simply pulled a shooter from someone's hand, who was using it instead of payment to get in. 

Mason talking about moving houses in LA, where a cousin had bought old houses that were due to be cleared, transported the entire houses on wheels and repositioned them by the side of newly constructed freeways. 


Comments