A vexatious orange

Up early, as the clocks went forward and we had arranged for a very early Sainsbury's delivery. Tackling the evils of the small room, which is the repository of everything we cannot decide on and may or may not need in our new house should we ever get one. Another appalling triage. Lorraine kept picking up things, say a lampshade, and saying Do we need this? and searching my face for inspiration.

A wan and shaken doze afterwards. Feeling particularly run down at the moment. Also did some work on my various projects.

Facetimed Mum today, as it was Mother's day. Facetime is a good thing. It allows you to peer at the people you are talking to, and watch how their cats plague them and see out of their windows.

Lorraine had an alarming encounter with an orange. During the afternoon she was sewing something and managed to jab a needle under a nail. Later I handed her the  orange and its juice ran into the cut which caused yelping and under the tap thumb sluicing. I peeled it for her, then after eating the first piece began to violently choke. Contemplating my wife's imminent demise I was about to attempt a Heimlich on her, she managed to say I should slap her back a few times. This I did, and all was eventually well.  I felt emotionally delicate afterwards. My God.


Comments