Wrongful intent

Off to Lorraine's house this afternoon to see the Beth, Mark and Callum put the show on for my my 'writer's review'. I am delighted with what they have done with the material. The first half which combines my zombie piece A bite to eat, with another fragment of mine Mistake, a piece by Mark Amdram Timmy, and Job Application by Tim Gallagher flow together surprisingly well. Lots of interesting gear changes but all part of an organic whole. I can take almost no credit for this, but they have made it work. Wrong itself is beginning to flow too, although they still need to run their lines more for last ten minutes of it. Beth particularly funny in it. Made me feel very happy as at last this piece might get the decent airing it deserves, and also see Beth with the opportunity to show what she can do with some comedy.

Callum McIntyre is clearly an excellent actor, and Mark his usual ebullient self, breathing real oomph into everything he touches, and Callum's performance of his Amdram Timmy shows the strength of the writing. Very pleased with all of them. Amy sorting out sounds and being supportive too. I am now looking forward to next week a good deal and as a control freak this has been a good lesson for me in backing off and let other people do their stuff.

In the evening superglued to the sofa at Lorraine's house, for the previous night had been lively. Cath came round with a bottle of wine and told L, Beth and myself about her forthcoming massive walk along a pilgrimage route in France and Spain. Exhausting but improving I dare say. I like Cath.

Below a snap of Callum. I made him lie sideways on chairs facing me, and I will corpsify his photo for the programme.

Comments