Writing with a white pen

Mercifully my ankle didn't seize up in dreaded orc foot style, so made off for work reasonably adroitly. Lorraine, who had stayed overnight, made me a large cup of tea, which seems in the morning the kindest thing a human being can do for another human being.

Up to London and another day frustratingly, blood-out-of-a-stoning with Ken the art director. Felt dizzy with tiredness for much of the afternoon, rectified only by a diet coke, and a word with myself. Only moment of creativity, writing on a window with a white pen, and taking photos of the words against the sky. Will upload later. May has well have used a white pen on white paper for all the use the afternoon session was.

Home listening to the Girl who stirred the hornet's nest. As I sat on the tube, and the woman next to me had the paperback, and the woman opposite was reading The girl with the dragon tattoo. Shame Stieg Larsson, who died prematurely, did not see what a monster success his books were to become. I'm looking forward to reading something different, however, having read all three on the trot. They are excellent, but baggy in parts, and I think were in need of a harder edit.

Some French work to do when I got home. Feeling dead beat. Calliope interrupting me for urgent face rubbing while I sat at my computer. She also did howling at another cat in my yard, and drove it off her territory while I was talking to the lovely Lorraine.

Listened before bedtime to a midi file of a beautiful choral piece Matt has written, that needs some words. An interesting challenge.

Comments