Pain and reward

A day of two halves. The first part rather grim as my upper back has gone into one of its paroxysms which involves very bad pain in my arm and shoulder, which no painkiller touches. That and my six maddening mosquito bites did for my concentration. Instead I went to the gym just to do the treadmill and cross trainer for half an hour, as sitting typing is excruciating.

On returning home phoned Sainsbury's to complain having seen an elderly lady of perhaps 90 being disgracefully bullied by two of the checkout staff for creaking along with her trolley in a basket zone. Thinking about this on the way home made my blood boil so I called and made my feelings clear.

In the evening however, things very good indeed. Had a long chat with Catriona in Guernsey and will have the opportunity to do a final presentation to the arts guys next month. Apparently everyone excited by the proposal, which combines literary flair with business acumen, even though I say it myself. Catriona has even offered to put me up, which was very kind of her. Felt very pleased with this and paraded about feeling rather big and clever afterwards. Catriona is so enthusiastic to work with, it is completely refreshing.

Went to see the Star Trek movie tonight. It was exciting and entertaining escapism. Splendid stuff and highly recommended.

Comments