Boxing day

Awake at a ghastly 5am thanks to my kitten. Balefully waiting for dawn, and once the sun rose, it was a beautiful clear day. Off to see Janet and Ken for a brunch of eggs benedict and bucks fizz. Both on good form, and awaiting the family descending on them at some point tomorrow. They gave me decorative little picture made of petals, which was very thoughtful.

Then I lurched off to the shops to pick at the bones of the doomed retail economy and returned with three cushions. Slept heavily on my sofa with the kitten squeezing into the crook if my arm like some kind of hot waterbottle. Got up and walked to Lorraine's place and had cold turkey and bubble and squeak and home made pickled onions, which Pat had made, which was all rather nice and watched The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe on TV, which I enjoyed more than when I saw it first.

Then Lorraine and I went to the Eddy to meet Anton and Brian, where we had a large festive drink enjoying the Eddy's faintly disreputable air. All very friendly though, and the barmaid walked over to Lorraine to check what kind of whisky she wanted, calling her "baby doll" which made us all smile.

Below Boxing day sunshine walking down to town from Janet and Ken's house, St Nicholas Parish Church (where I was on Christmas Eve). Being disreputable in the Eddy (playing with my new hat)... Brian and Anton, Lorraine, and me.


















Comments