Three interesting shots

Below Mason in Korea. (in the middle of the picture). He says: "as I recall that was dirty work: lots of mud. Thank God we didn't get stuck doing it for very long. Of the time I was there, it was cold, damp and mostly snowing. That's why the term for fellows like us was "Grunts", somebody had to do the dirty work. Anyway they needed me elsewhere as I was a sniper so I got moved on. The chap with me (Martinez) was a good friend and came home with me once along with around three other guys. That was after we returned. Those were the days......I was really thin then. Funny part was I think basically I liked the Marine Corps."

The second photo is of Toby and Romy in Toronto several years ago, not too long after they were married. I took it in black and white at night (obviously). I spotted the Lucky Dragon sign and as Toby is a Dragon in Chinese astrology, I asked him and Romy to stop. I just really like this photo.

Finally I think this was taken in the seaside town of Collioure in the South of France, near the Spanish border. I was on holiday with Mex and Ken. As I remember this was a tiled design in the port area, and its sun and the ship on the blue sea made me think of Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis. Thanks to modern software, I have been able to correct the perspective. But this was the original sun I used for my old e-zine AnotherSun (and sparked off its name) which eventually led to the name of this blog too.




Comments