Flickr and fish soup

Sluggish today. Sent off the French stuff this morning, and under Mex's influence tried to get to grips with Twitter and starting to upload some photos onto Flickr, including quite a few of my Japanese ones.

At lunchtime I met Paul who was in Brighton doing some business with a Dentist, and he was wearing his pinstripe suit and looking slightly gangsterish. We shot the breeze over a couple of beers in the Battle of Trafalgar, where he helpfully outlined some of the principles of direct marketing, before I made my excuses and got back to work.

Emergency goldfish advice for Reuben, who called this afternoon as his were going through a crisis. Especially one of them whose sole is now in heaven. I kept fish for many years so know the basics pretty well, despite my last episode of fishkeeping ending badly. Returning home to find a weird penetrating smell in the house, which I traced at last to the aquarium. The thermostat (from a very reputable dealer) had malfunctioned and the tank was full of warm and noxious chowder.

Recovering only slowly from that trauma, that I have been toying with the idea of sparking up a big aquarium I have stored under my stairs. That and getting a cat. Swapped emails with Romy today who was advocating cats. In fact, there is a transatlantic cat plot going on. I also told Romy that I had glimpsed from my study window the trickster cat that had tried to move into my house on the 29th March gloating on my neighbour's sofa.

Had a snooze in the afternoon, which was only interrupted by my French client who I spoke to groggily, but convincingly, for some time. A quiet evening watching a documentary about The Who with Lorraine and eating duck pancakes collected from the local Chinese takeaway, where there was obviously only a small bill.

Comments