Sunday people

Early start to the morning. A headache which I blame Brian for, and some pottering about. Then Anna and Brian called for me and overcame my feeble resistance and took me off to Bills for breakfast. Rather pepped up by a fresh rhubarb, ginger and apple juice followed by a nice herbstrewn and healthy full breakfast.

Hurried home to be there for my home delivery of groceries ordered off the Internet. This was clearly big and clever idea, and I don't really understand why I've not done it before. A very pleasant guy arrived exactly as arranged, and it saved me having to lug lots of heavy things like bottled water, and cans and so on up the hill and liberate my precious weekend time from the supermarket.

Spoke to Sarah twice today. Lots of laughing, she is a very funny person. I enjoyed hearing about her struggles with a lizard in Tampa, and learning about nail technicians and lots of other stuff I've never thought about before. Including photo of a catapult affair for firing balls for dogs to chase, or perhaps, more enjoyably, at them. She has a dog called Cabal who you can hear attention seeking over skype.

Ken called me this afternoon and brought around a nice bowl of spring bulbs that Janet had prepared. Much putting of the world to rights with him, although he was a bit gloomy, saying that he didn't think he was long for this world and so on. We had a glass of wine and he perked up somewhat, and was telling me about an idea for a book about Revolutions that he's had.

Anton has a new craze, and unlike many of them (such as Dutch bikes, carnivorous plants, watching television, global knives etc.) this one is a writing/walking project which he has already begun to research and sounds promising.

Still can't seem to do any actual writing myself at the moment. And my detox has been an abject failure this weekend. But tomorrow is another day.

Comments