Southbound

Another sullenly staffed breakfast in the Met, but we packed and cabbed off to Sam and Jade's flat again in Headingly. Then Lorraine drove us off to Ikea and we bought a few bits and pieces for their home. I rather enjoyed this as I'd not been to Ikea for years, and found it to be full of nice stuff at good prices. Then another shop where Jade was asking Sam to have opinions about the virtue of a various vases which I enjoyed, before we dropped Sam and Jade home.

Lorraine and I very pleased with their flat, and the fact they are together. I maximised my last moments of sitting on the widow seat, looking at the sunlit treetops.

Fond farewells. Then the long drive down the M1 from Leeds, M25 around London and the M23 down to Brighton. Three motorways which, with a break, took us over five and a half hours. Poor Lorraine having to drive us all the way of course. The day was beautiful however, and we chatted lots and listened to podcasts and CDs. We stopped somewhere in the midlands and ate a Burgerking beanburger at a service station. Home at 9pm, the house all neat and tidy and Calliope pleased to see us.

Comments