A sigh of relief

Finally finished Defenders of Guernsey and got the files off to the printers. Mentally exhausted racing to meet this deadline. However I am pleased with the results.

To the gym as an antidote to tense hunching over screens day and night. It felt great. Thence to the polling station, to vote in the council elections, and in the voting reform referendum. I voted yes to change, but only because there wasn't a "er...probably" box to tick. The polling station not exactly thronging when I arrived there a little after four. Campaigns on both sides of the argument full of backbiting and lousily conducted. Maybe it is my age, but the current crop of politicians seem like Lilliputians. Not sure which of the leaders of the three main parties nauseates me more.

Thence to The Basketmakers to meet Matt for pints of Seafarers beer. Got talking to a friend of Matt's called Joe who was in a late incarnation of a group called Stereolab some of whose tracks are rather big and clever, and his friend Emily who was almost stereotypically French: slim and chic, with a streak of wildness, and going outside to smoke continuously. Then home to eat fish and chips and glaze happily at the TV.

Matt sent me later the sound file for Clameur, the music he has written to my poem. It is really good, and I am very excited to hear it actually sung and played.

Comments