The bleak abates

Splendid. The end of work for a while. Spoke to my pal Al, and to Sally, the woman I've been dealing with lately. Sally was a breath of fresh air, being efficient and easy to deal with. Sent a note to her boss to explain this. Did you know that a third of the world's population has had or has now got Hepatitis B? Another healthcare fact I wish I'd never learned.

Beginning now to feel properly holidayish, and my bleakness gradually abating.

Ken dropped by this morning to leave some information on Toronto and Chicago that Janet found for me. Ken is so disgusted with politicians, 'fifty years of wankers' that he is plotting visiting the mother of parliaments with a barrel of gunpowder. Symbolic gunpowder and not real gunpowder I imagine, although I'm not totally convinced. I hope I'm as militant as Ken when I'm 78.

Lorraine called around this evening. We ended up sauntering (if you can saunter with a limp) into El Mexicano. This claims to be the only authentic Mexican in Brighton, and offers solid but bland grub. Lorraine said that the chef doesn't taste the food as it was under seasoned. Little chili action too. Despite these reservations it was all quite tasty. I had a margarita, source of salty, limey goodness and we had a nice enough time discussing nothing in particular.

After wandering past buskers and through the lively thronging Friday night town. Brighton is a great place to be. Met Beth and Mark in the street,Beth sporting a big owl teeshirt, and looking grown up after getting her first wages from her part time supermarket job.

Comments