Feeling better

To the doctor. Lurking horribly in the waiting room for 40 minutes which provided an excellent backdrop for hypochondria. Looking at pamphlets pinned to the wall with titles like Heart Attack? and Coping with Cancer? Fortunately Lorraine came too, which was well beyond the call of duty, and prevented me from balling into a foetus position and sobbing under the chairs.

Finally in to see the pleasant doctor who took my blood pressure again. Fortunately today's reading was on more of a human scale, but still higher than it ought to be. So before long I was toddling around the corner to score myself a dose of blood pressure pills.

Only another hypochondriac could sympathise with the various horrors I have been through in the last days. Today is the first day in getting a grip on my health and this is to be welcomed.

The dragon faced, I bought Lorraine a coffee and fruit juice (me a decaf and fruit juice) as a token of thanks for her support. After salad sandwiches, the afternoon was spent writing a little, and then conking out for two hours. Must have needed to sleep. Woke up feeling leaden, but rested.

A lovely evening with Paddy, my old schoolfriend who was staying in Brighton overnight. Hadn't seen each other for ages. I am very fond of him, and our friendship goes back to when we were 17. We went to the Agra, and Paddy typically was incredibly enthusiastic and told the owner that he was a connoisseur of Asian food and it was the best curry he had ever eaten. This wholeheartedness cheered the owner, who was in a maudlin mood having broken up with his girlfriend, and prompted him to give us a free drink.

I walked Paddy off at his seafront hotel and sauntered home through town. It was great to see him. And I walked home thinking about tomorrow's new health regimen, and how sweet life was, and about the Skelton Yawngrave plot.

Comments

Kate said…
Hey PK, glad the health horrors have abated slightly. And three cheers for Lorraine... plotting to come down to Brighton one Sunday soon to drop off picture for framing but can't see any reason why I can't do a weekday as well if you're about.