A pizza the action

Beavering today writing up the interview I did yesterday, and played at journalism. Mike at On Track also called to ask me to do another interview, which I have set up for Monday morning, and said they were going to use a little speculative piece I'd sent them about the woodslick. My old agency also called offering a couple of weeks work, so all in all a good day from that perspective - but I am tantalizingly close to finishing off a couple of my projects, so I have mixed feelings about taking time out now. But naturally I will do the work to buy myself a bit more writing time.

Spoke to Toby, who is off to Canada first thing tomorrow. Sorry that I only got to see him once, but I am fairly sure we'll see each other again shortly. Also briefly spoke to mum as they were busy gloating over the hits to mum's websites.

Very pleased it was Friday. What I find unreasonable, however, is having worked 5 days this week, how few people are prepared to offer me any sympathy. In the evening I went up the hill with Lorraine and had a pizza fest with Anton and Anna - and none of them were sympathetic, even when I explained that I was more delicate, and so was more easily upset by working.

Anton making lots of pizzas in his genuinely unrivalled way. Delicious. Fun evening eating, drinking a few Polish beers and arguing unreasonably about music. Anton and Lorraine having quite similar - although misguided -tastes in some respects, both enjoying a bit of weedy stuff like Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark. It was time to go when Anna could not keep her eyes open and saying, quite sweetly, that she could just listen.

Comments