A dropped watch

Downloaded Something Wicked this Way Comes by Ray Bradbury last night and began listening to it on the train this morning, standing all the way from Brighton. I loved this book as a kid and quite fun to hear it read, especially as it is set in October.

Into work and had a swim at lunchtime, managed to drop my watch as I was getting changed. It fell face first and its glass shattered. After my swim went back into work and finally had the meeting where my resignation was accepted. All very amicable. I was pleased it is finally done, as the whole thing was dragging somewhat. Something about the watch and the forthcoming end of my time at the agency seemed apt. I will finish work in November... So I will need to get my act together for a fresh start in the new year: the old time is over.
Spoke to Mum and Mase and also called Anton to see if Anna was okay. Fortunately she is improving after having a bad reaction to her anaesthetic after having her knees operated on.

Met Paul for a drink at Victoria afterwards and he was talking at length about various projects, and a fascinating personal life.

Below had to slink outside by a fire escape to watch Paul smoke a cigarette by the carved side of the hotel.


Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.