Affordable Art Fair

Slept like a log, untroubled by undead felines, and went downstairs to eat crumpets and toast with Mum and Mase. Then I wrote a little bit of copy for her website and we set off for the Affordable Art Fair. Tubed it down to Sloane Square and stopped off at the Oriole for a glass of wine.

Then off to the venue in the free bus. Spent several hours browsing about. Enjoyed the show a lot more than the last one I went to. Found myself drawn to a couple of forest pastels by Sarah Bee not my usual bag, but I found they reminded me slightly of Emily Carr (without the totem poles of course). Actually her name was Sarah Bee P.S. - the initials stand for her membership of the Pastel Society. I have no idea what they get up to in the Pastel Society, but I imagine several eminent figures ranting against primary colours. Okay I know it is really about using pastels... But I bet they have secret smudgy handshakes.

Mason uses the AAF to talk to lots of people who can't escape because they are on the stands, and Mum was looking at the art, and also carefully watching how they wrapped things and other technical bits.

Home and we were all quite tired. Despite this I used my laptop to inflict my complete Japanese photo collection on them, before slinking away to catch up with this blog.

Comments