Little mind-boggling today. Got out of bed at 6:30, curiously anxious and twitchy, a feeling which dissipated once I'd reached the smoke. Made phone calls to incompetent NatWest bank & arranged to have my sofa delivered on Thursday. Lunchtime to Riverside Studios with Michel, Maxine, Maxine, Carole-Anne and Angela. Ate dead lambs and drank a little wine.

Michel on spectacularly good form as is Max. The French bloke looking like an mutant insect once he'd got his bike gear on. Meanwhile the other Maxine being very nice to me about Foreign Affairs, as her situation mirrors mine. Bizarre boomerang effect now endured by my friends. Start any conversation in any direction and it will end up back at Mary Jane. A couple of weeks ago the FB started a conversation with "look! A window! I bet Mary Jane has windows..."

MJ called me at work in the afternoon and conveyed a story from Weezer Jr. about midgets.

Went for a swim after work, pool the most crowded I have ever seen it. Hard to tell if people are enjoying swimming. Perhaps they are snickering privately when their faces are underwater. Nobody looks like they are enjoying themselves, but I found I was drifting off into boomerang thoughts as I was doing backstroke, which can be dangerous when you run out of pool.

Home, and I talked to the divine Mary Jane again. I adore her. Did I mention that?

Comments